Does your Refrigerator still smell like the tuna casserole last month? Is that smell of stale milk that takes away your food? There is nothing worse than the bad odors emitted by one of the most used kitchen appliances in your home. But did you know that you can go for more baking soda (baking soda) to get rid of bad smells?
Click Here: Refrigerator Price in Pakistan
Here are some tips on cleaning and maintaining refrigerators that will smell like nothing, and that’s a good thing.
Use your Spidey senses
This may sound like an unbearable request, but it is important to discover what is causing the bad smell by sniffing it. Start with the items on the front of your refrigerator and then work toward the back.
You can use your other senses to:
- Look to see if any food has expired.
- Open the lids of the jars and Tupperware and check the contents.
- Check for discoloration and / or mold in your dairy products and meat.
- Feel your vegetables and fruits to over ripen and rot.
- Look for stains, liquids or spills on your shelves and drawers.
- Verify that all food in your freezer is properly frozen or has burns in the freezer.
Get out your cleaning supplies
Once you’ve removed the offensive item, it’s important to deal with any lingering odor, giving your refrigerator and freezer a thorough cleaning.
It is important not to use aggressive chemicals that scratch or discolor the inside of your refrigerator. A mixture of dish washing liquid and hot water or a solution of vinegar and water usually works. You can also try mixing a little vinegar with baking soda and using a soft bristle brush to clean stubborn stains.
Cleaning the refrigerator:
Remove all food and place in a refrigerator with ice.
Remove the drawers and soak them in hot, soapy water. You can also do the same with the shelves by giving them a scrubbing in their sink.
Clean the walls and base of your refrigerator and make sure you get into the corners
Cleaning the freezer:
- If there is more than ¼ inch of ice on the walls of your freezer, unplug your refrigerator and let it defrost
- Make sure all ice cube trays are empty and shelves are removed
- Use a rag soaked in alcohol to remove the ice
- Use the same cleaning solution for your refrigerator to clean the walls and shelves of your freezer.
- When reconnecting your refrigerator, make sure your freezer is at the proper temperature before placing your food inside
Deodorize for the long run:
If any odor persists after you have cleaned the refrigerator and freezer, you can try checking the built-in deodorizer in the refrigerator to see if you need to change the cartridge or add your own deodorant. While an open box of baking soda is the most popular solution, there are other natural deodorants that can absorb odors, even in a beverage cooler.
- Coffee grains
- Activated carbon
- Sand for cats
- Lemon juice
- Tea bags
Dreams.pk is the best option when you look for the best brands in the whole country.